Our Pre-prep program, “School Ready”, is created for children in the year before they begin their Prep year.
The School Ready program runs in Term 4.
By attending several School Ready 2Hr sessions your child will gain new skills, make friends, become accustomed to school routines and get to know the staff.
Our “School Ready” program is facilitated by a registered teacher with specialised knowledge and experience in teaching Prep students.
Our pre-prep program, "School Ready¨, is designed to make the transition to school much easier for your child. The program will enable your child to:
- Be oriented to the Prep classroom and school grounds
- Become familiar with prep routines and expectations
- Participate in early literacy and numeracy experiences
- Build gross motor and fine motor skills
- Participate in early foundational learning programs
- Form friendships with other children
- Meet teachers and staff before starting school
We will be offering a parent information session on topics such as:
- settling in to school
- helping your child to read
- managing childrens' behaviour
- learning programs at Warrenheip PS etc.
This session will run on the 1st School Ready session from 10.30 until 11am and will be followed by a morning tea.
First 4 sessions are from 9 – 11:30am
(including recess/morning tea)
Session 1: Wednesday 14th October
(includes information session / morning tea 10.30 – 11am)
Session 2: Wednesday 28th October
Session 3: Wednesday 11th November
Session 4: Wednesday 25th November
State-wide Transition day:
Session 5: Tuesday 8th December
From 9am – 1pm
Register or Enquire