Our Pre-prep program, “School Ready”, is created for children in the year before they begin their Prep year.
The School Ready program runs in Term 4.
By attending several School Ready 2 hour sessions your child will gain new skills, make friends, become accustomed to school routines and get to know the staff.
Our “School Ready” program is facilitated by a registered teacher with specialised knowledge and experience in teaching Prep students.
Our pre-prep program, "School Ready¨, is designed to make the transition to school much easier for your child. The program will enable your child to:
- Be oriented to the Prep classroom and school grounds
- Become familiar with prep routines and expectations
- Participate in early literacy and numeracy experiences
- Build gross motor and fine motor skills
- Participate in early foundational learning programs
- Form friendships with other children
- Meet teachers and staff before starting school
We will be offering a parent information session on topics such as:
- settling in to school
- helping your child to read
- managing childrens' behaviour
- learning programs at Warrenheip PS etc.